Monday 5 April 2010

• At Last...

This really must be the last post of the day!  I've been enjoying this new blog and the iPhone camera (and, of course, Hipstamatic!) so much that this must be my 3rd or 4th post today.

This is good night.  As you can see, Steve is fading fast
IMG_0117 and the cats are arranging themselves artfully on various proximal, soft and warm surfaces. I'm sure we'll wind up with at least one in bed with us.

It's been an interesting day full of pleasant (and unpleasant!) tasks to do. We're in the midst of a whirlwind Spring cleaning session and we never find this easy to do! It's really tough going through things (so many things!) and being ruthless about deciding what stays and what has to go. I find it exhausting because it's really only when doing this that I realise just how much time has elapsed and I feel so old.

Then there's the problem of how to dispose of it all. Clothes should go to the charity shop (but hardly ever do make it there), papers and magazines need to be recycled; electrical and electronic things (all broken) have their own special places they have to go.

Then there's the stuff that won't fit in the bin. Some of it has to wait for the next rubbish collection cycle.

Finally, the stuff we can't figure out what to do with goes in the Hippobag. Sigh. This is quite a task - not for the faint-of-heart! It's not as though we don't do it very often either - we make a point of going through things every 12 - 18 months and getting rid of stuff.  So where does all this stuff come from??  I wish I knew!

Anyhow, I'd better go referee the scuffle that's just got underway in front of the gas fireplace and start getting myself "up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire" - something that you have to be English to have made up!

Night-night

1 comment:

  1. nice blogging Lisa,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I like the title "ilife" well connected to your Iphone life. good work indeed, carry on.

    ReplyDelete